1. The season is coming to an end and we want to ensure that everyone gets our year-end awards reception on your calendars.It will be Monday, May 23rd from 5:30-7:00 pm at the PVHS High School Cafeteria and Theatre
We will share desserts and drinks and celebrate our season!!
We have a lot to recognize and acknowledge from this past season we also look forward to hearing some final words from our graduating senior class athletes. Additional details regarding this event will be emailed to parents by Traci Nelson-Johnson.
2. Please turn in any uniforms, rain gear, warm-ups, or extra batons you may have. Put all belongings in a bag with your name on it. Students incur a $50 fee for each apparel item not returned. If you did not turn in your uniforms and warm-ups last Friday, please stop by at the beginning of our practice sessions at 3:45 p.m. to drop them off with the coaches.
3. Pleasant Valley Track and Field camp is on the horizon. This year's camp will run from Monday, June 13th through Thursday, June 16th. We will have camp for students entering 1st through 4th grades in the morning from 8:15-9:30 a.m. and camp for students entering grades 5 - 8 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in the evenings. Registration is now open!
With that said, we NEED your help! Athletes, you have been and always will be the best ambassadors and role models for our track and field programs at Pleasant Valley and we need your help as coaches and counselors during the week. If you are available for some of the days, all of the days, part of the morning session, or the evening session, any time you could lend would be amazing. We could also use some of our athletes that throw shot/disc to assist on the days we do our throwing stations. Whether you are a current athlete or an alum that wants to return, we'd love your help!
If you are a current athlete and need service hours, this would also be a great opportunity to complete needed hours as well.
4. Physicals/Parent Form/Concussion/COVID-19 Forms – These need to be submitted (and up to date) BEFORE practice begins on February 22nd and in order to be eligible to practice/compete this Spring. Links to all of these forms will be on our website at: https://www.pvgtf.com/forms.html
5. Download the Remind app from your phone's app store to receive announcements or different updates throughout the season. You can access our Pleasant Valley Girl's Track and Field group at
6. Team information and announcements can be found through our Twitter handle - @PVGTFSpartans, our Facebook group page (Pleasant Valley Girls Track & Field), our team website (www.pvgtf.com), Instagram (@pvgtf) and our general daily announcements at practice. You can also access the different social media pages by clicking on the social media links at the bottom of each webpage of this site.
Twitter - @PVGTFSpartans
Iowa girls track & field primer: Individuals, Teams to Watch (QC Times - March 31, 2022)
Pleasant Valley Track & Field ready for Drake Relays - KWQC (4/26/2022)
Drake Relays storylines: PV shuttle hurdle relay aims for a white flag - QC Times (4/27/2022)
Drake Relays: Northeast's Chambers collects another top five in high jump - QC Times (4/28/2022)
Drake Relays: Rickertsen runs to third in 100 hurdles - QC Times (4/29/2022)
Drake Relays: Rickertsen, Assumption relay pocket top-three finishes - QC Times (4/30/2022)
Bulldogs give Flynn a 'storybook ending' - QC Times (5/5/2022)
Highlights from the Boys and Girls' MAC Championships - KWQC (5/5/2022)
QC High School Boys and Girls MAC Championships - WQAD (5/5/2022)
Thursday's Iowa state-qualifying track & field capsules - QC Times (5/11/2022)
Hanenburg sets school record; Spartans win state qualifier - QC Times (5/12/2022)
Sabers' Maricle surprises self, field to claim 3A High Jump - QC Times (5/19/22)
Bulldogs, Spartans earn top-five finishes in relays - QC Times (5/20/22)
Assumption collects pair of top-three finishes; Boleyn, Horner leave with four medals each - QC Times (5/21/22)